Sunday 21 January 2018

Whatever the weather...


Letterfinlay
Well we didn't expect to experience quite such a country whiteout when we went away with our pals Catherine and Billy, to Letterfinlay!

Lovely snow everywhere and I even went a weekend without my trusty walking aid. The intention is to start using walking poles to help with the get fit regime as I will need to have good muscles for the new knee, scheduled for the end of March. Probably need to wait until the weather settles a tad,

Below is the view from our bedroom on the Tuesday morn. There is a loch and some inspiring peaks beyond the blizzard. You will just have to take my word for it!
Room with a view



Glencoe

Driving home on Tuesday was challenging. Driving conditions were poor due to the weather and the potholes in the road. An unexpected drop into a pothole led to a puncture and an unplanned stop, tyre change and late lunch. Well I did say I was going to go with the "plan is to have no plan"... however the other three hadn't signed up for any such alteration in the dynamic. And no I didn't change the tyre. Catherine and I left that to our heroes...


Driving conditions
More snow and disruption is forecast and I am seriously thinking of using a similar mode of transport to Murphy's...

The only way to travel



No comments:

Post a Comment